Friday, April 18, 2008

Eating With Your Anorexic (Website)

http://www.eatingwithyouranorexic.com/

I knew that Laura Collins had a website connected to her book, but today is the first time I really explored her site. Eating With Your Anorexic is much more than an advertisement for her book. I really feel like her website is a pretty thorough compilation of the information that I'm trying to include here on this blog. I should have explored this site more when I was first looking for information.

Here are some highlights:
*FAQ on Recovery - (This page, in my opinion, is the best place to start on this website.) She covers so many parent questions including "How do I start?" "How do you determine a healthy weight?" "What about drugs?" and "This is a girl thing, isn't it?"
*Family Based Treatment Finder - For US, Australia and Canada.
*Positive, Helpful, Book Recommendations - Laura recommends five different books.
*Maudlsey Approach - An overview including research, new articles and recommendations.

No comments: